- How to design gingerbreads?
csikz | admin | 2012-12-23 18:02:11 | ideas | read post
It`s always exciting to make custom design gingerbreads in Christmas rather than using mass-produced heart, christmas tree or star shapes.
To design your own gingerbread is easier you might first think, the only trick is to make good sketches before working on the dough. In my case I used an iPad drawing software (Paper by Fifty Three). Here I present a few simple steps which may help you to achieve nice results.
1. First draw the shape with simple lines without thinking about how it will be translated into gingerbread art.
2. Secondly, make an outline around the sketch. Be aware that this outline will be the containing shape of your gingerbread. Follow the sketch loosely and you shouldn`t worry if your drawing will be recognizable by the outline itself or not.
3. Then paint the outline with brown colour to verify how it will look like as a baked gingerbread.
4. Then use white color to make the original drawing back into the brown shape. Draw thick lines and avoid too much details, because this is what you need to reproduce by sugar using some cake decorating tool.
5. You are ready! You have the sketches on paper so it will be easy to make the real custom gingerbread according to your design! You can even use little sugar balls or pepper or nuts to make more decoration!
I hope this guide inspired you! Merry Christmas!
- Future starts today, not tomorrow
csikz | admin | 2012-02-22 15:59:01 | inspired me | read post
Nice font (intro), nice phrase (should be repeated every morning).
- stainless steel lamp - masiosare studio
csikz | admin | 2012-01-05 18:07:58 | inspired me | read post
- Business card
csikz | admin | 2011-12-16 12:10:09 | just working on | read post
I just made a new minimalistic business card for myself today.