- How to record narrator voice for videos using iPhone
csikz | admin | 2013-03-25 11:59:28 | ideas | read post
Of course iPhone is not made for professional audio recording but you can achieve very good results if you consider some basic rules.
- should be silent during recording
- should be without echo
- very small rooms are usually not suitable
- look around if there is a refrigerator or any other device with continuous rumbling noise and switch them off or stay far from them
Position, distance, way of speaking:
- sit comfortably in front of an office table
- put the iPhone on the table in front of you as shown above with about 50 cm (19.7 inch) distance from your face
- place the iPhone with the home button towards you as shown above
- speak as loud asif you were presenting on a five person meeting
- articulate clearly
If everything went well, the level of the recorded voice should be around -3dB suitable for using it as narrator voice on videos without much change.
You can use the built-in "Voice Memos" application. Recording more than 30 minutes is not recommended. With the share option you are able to send the recording in e-mail. If the file is too large, you have to use the free diskAid software to download the recording to a computer.
Here is an example video we made recently using iPhone for recording the narrator voice.
- Fröccs application for iPhone
csikz | admin | 2012-08-08 11:24:09 | just working on | read post
We just released our new Fröccs application in Appstore. Now we are working on the sticker promos.
The app is about the hungarian drink called "fröccs" which is the same as spritzer, the mixture of wine and soda water. But in Hungary, there is a great drinking culture around fröccs, there are many different mixing ratios with different names. With this app you can learn the names of the different mix ratios.
- Mess of arrows and hands
csikz | admin | 2012-07-04 22:02:39 | just working on | read post
Just working on a UI for an iPhone application... a mess of arrows and hands in the illustrator document. :)
- Kinect Wings
csikz | admin | 2012-03-10 21:33:33 | just working on | read post
Today`s craziness from KIBU`s Friday`s Hacking session. See what is possible today with just a few hours of hacking! Thanx to Arduino, Processing, Kinect and Synapse and of course the Tiny Wings game by Andreas Illiger!
It turned out to be really enjoyable (and tiring) to play :)
Have a look at the project page for more details!
If you want to make your own Kinect Wings you will find the codes and instructions needed here: