Based on Pig
Research on eating habits of Budapest
Our aim at Based On Pig is to discover the eating habits of the contemporary Budapest by artistic research methods.
By what stories, traditions, legends a certain food, ingredient or living creature used in our kitchen is described? What information is available online, what do we face in the market?
The project is aimed at mapping the cultural framework of our food related decisions and followed by kitchen experiments as well. We have started with pigs and we aim to go after as many animals and veggies used in our kitchen as possible.
Most of our texts, arguments, prezis, visualizations are presented on the Based on Pig website and on the facebook page. We plan to open up more and organize events for the next stage of the project.
Some examples of our outputs:
• Survey and infographic about reception of in-vitro meat
• Shooting a video about the connection between whistling and carrots
• BoP labor - carrot
• BoP labor - presentation about kitchen raw materials, for example the lettuce test
• BoP on Restaurant Day
• BoP Labor - Prezi on tomatoes
• BoP Labor - Potato Prezi - examining different types of potatoes
• Visualization of the wide range of origins the vegetables comes from available in hypermarkets, supermarkets and markets of Budapest.
• Visulalization of the different types of eggs available in the shops of Budapest.