Hacked lawnmower which is able to cut pattern into the grass
The aim of the Landprint project is to reproduce subtle patterns and photos by combining various species of plants with programmed robotics.
Plants and flowers that spawn seem to make continuous patterns with their various colours and shades seen from a distance. With the use of programmed robotics for the planting and cutting of plants, we can manipulate the evolving patterns, to render photo-like, delicate images.
· Landprint in Touch of Code
Category: device art
Company: Kitchen Budapest
My Role: idea, design, coordination
Partners in crime: Györgyi Gálik, Melinda Sipos, András sly Szalai, Bagi Tamás, Maxigas
- Kitchen Budapest overview, makezine, March 10 2008
- Visit to Kitchen Budapest, we make money not art, March 7 2008
- The Landprint Project, The Whispering Crane Institute, December 11 2007
- Landprint Aims to Rewrite History, Innovation news of Cartridgesave.co.uk, December 06 2007
- LandPrint, by Kitchen Budapest, Eikongraphia, November 21 2007
- Kitchen Budapest catalog, we make money not art, November 20 2007
- Rajzoló fűnyíró és fénylugas, borsa.hu, October 8 2007
- Digitális szezonzáró a Kitchenben, Kultplay.hu, September 26 2007