- How to record narrator voice for videos using iPhone
csikz | admin | 2013-03-25 11:59:28 | ideas | read post
Of course iPhone is not made for professional audio recording but you can achieve very good results if you consider some basic rules.
- should be silent during recording
- should be without echo
- very small rooms are usually not suitable
- look around if there is a refrigerator or any other device with continuous rumbling noise and switch them off or stay far from them
Position, distance, way of speaking:
- sit comfortably in front of an office table
- put the iPhone on the table in front of you as shown above with about 50 cm (19.7 inch) distance from your face
- place the iPhone with the home button towards you as shown above
- speak as loud asif you were presenting on a five person meeting
- articulate clearly
If everything went well, the level of the recorded voice should be around -3dB suitable for using it as narrator voice on videos without much change.
You can use the built-in "Voice Memos" application. Recording more than 30 minutes is not recommended. With the share option you are able to send the recording in e-mail. If the file is too large, you have to use the free diskAid software to download the recording to a computer.
Here is an example video we made recently using iPhone for recording the narrator voice.
- How to design gingerbreads?
csikz | admin | 2012-12-23 18:02:11 | ideas | read post
It`s always exciting to make custom design gingerbreads in Christmas rather than using mass-produced heart, christmas tree or star shapes.
To design your own gingerbread is easier you might first think, the only trick is to make good sketches before working on the dough. In my case I used an iPad drawing software (Paper by Fifty Three). Here I present a few simple steps which may help you to achieve nice results.
1. First draw the shape with simple lines without thinking about how it will be translated into gingerbread art.
2. Secondly, make an outline around the sketch. Be aware that this outline will be the containing shape of your gingerbread. Follow the sketch loosely and you shouldn`t worry if your drawing will be recognizable by the outline itself or not.
3. Then paint the outline with brown colour to verify how it will look like as a baked gingerbread.
4. Then use white color to make the original drawing back into the brown shape. Draw thick lines and avoid too much details, because this is what you need to reproduce by sugar using some cake decorating tool.
5. You are ready! You have the sketches on paper so it will be easy to make the real custom gingerbread according to your design! You can even use little sugar balls or pepper or nuts to make more decoration!
I hope this guide inspired you! Merry Christmas!
- Green dwellers in the city
csikz | admin | 2012-08-08 10:27:00 | ideas | read post
I like to collect respectable green dwellers in the city. I like the surviving artist type particularly. They reminds us of what we already know - that if we vanished nature would take its space back very soon.
They say it would take just a couple of hundred years and there would be almost nothing clearly visible remained of our cities. The pyramids in the deserts would keep standing though as mementos of human culture.
tomato plant in Garay street
the only tree in our yard
green spot at Felvonulási tér
- Pee monkey
csikz | admin | 2012-06-15 13:43:06 | ideas | read post
- Ice face fox
csikz | admin | 2012-02-29 00:06:59 | ideas | read post
It was a good idea to take a walk, I found so many surprising things outside. First I found this ice fox above.
Secondly, I found a river in a river.
Stones floating on the water.
Inspiring lights on the half-frozen bay.
- Wardrobe monster
csikz | admin | 2012-02-25 11:48:45 | ideas | read post
This guy scared me for a moment in my room today :)
- Vegetable plastic bag diver face
csikz | admin | 2012-01-08 01:53:05 | ideas | read post
- United light years of Hungary
csikz | admin | 2011-12-06 02:49:10 | ideas | read post
The idea occurred during the work on Subjective Atlas of Hungary.
You know i don`t mind sharing stupid ideas... So it was about measuring the total amount of light emitted from cities in Hungary. And then imagine that - with some magic - if we converted this quantity into light years... we would see how far Hungary would fly in the Universe...
i told you it`s stupid. (this idea was not included in the atlas - guess why :)
- Vacum cleaner postit trumpet
csikz | admin | 2011-11-23 15:17:00 | ideas | read post
Of course the idea came when i was supposed to clean my room...
- Pancake panda
csikz | admin | 2011-10-16 20:29:39 | ideas | read post